Far from grim images associated with conventional hospitals, Copa Star Hospital is a sharp display of technology, contemporary architecture, 21st-century innovation, and a dash of class.
Architecture and Design
The classy Hospital Copa Star is based in Copacabana, south of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It has a helipad in the main building – for receiving patients who come by air, a state-of-the-art reception where acceptance of patients happens, a fully equipped Surgical Center, and spacious and exclusive VIP and five-star suites.
Hospital Copa Star’ suites are equipped with a speaker system to allow direct communication with the nursing team, cable TV for the news update and entertainment, telephone, a safe and a minibar.
Patients can even request for newspapers, magazines, as well as personal services like manicure, makeup, and hairdressing. These are taken care by The Governance Service – a special team on mundodomarketing.com that is responsible for convenient room service and making patients and companions comfortable.
Hospital Copa Star is one of a kind hospital is furnished with modern medical equipment. Its Intensive Care Center holds:
• Neuro Intensive Unit – which handles life-threatening diseases of the nervous system; involving the brain, spinal cord, and nerves.
• Intensive Care Unit (General ICU) – adult and pediatric – special wards with healthcare professionals who provide treatment and monitoring equipment to keep a tab on patient’s vital signs.
• Post-Operative/Surgical Unit – where patients stay after a medical operation or ortho surgery.
• Respiratory Ventilation Unit – a place for those with respiratory problems.
• Cardio Intensive Unit – caring for people with heart or lung problems; with the aim of stabilizing them ahead of being moved to a less intensive care environment.
Copa Star Hospital Staff
These up-to-date facilities are run by their staff; mainly comprising crème de la crème from world leading academic institutions in Brazil and around the world.
Copa Star Hospital was the first private hospital in Rio de Janeiro to receive international accreditation. This was in 2007 and from Joint Commission International (JCI). It was awarded to them by Brazilian Accreditation Consortium (CBA).
The hospital has been in operation since May 2000 and its Mission is “to provide medical and hospital care of high efficiency, with qualified and motivated teams, respecting ethics and the individual in its social context”.
Mission and Vision
Hospital Copa Star vision is to be a reference in hospital management and the provision of medical services based on the highest technical standards.
Undoubtedly, they live up to them. That is why their spirit of excellence in quality of healthcare and patient safety got them reaccredited by JCI in 2011 and 2014.
However, above recognition on Terra.com, beautiful architecture, qualified staff and sophisticated equipment, it is Copa Star Hospital’s culture of respect, warmth, and agility that is most impressive to patients.